Thread: UH OH Need Help

UH OH Need Help

Well I finally got a Deltec AP702 but I have an issue.

The water inlet has come loose from the skimmer body, not sure if I did this or PO but how can I reattach it to the body?
    Looks like the original joint was some type of silicone. Can I use an epoxy? Or what do you recommend?

Another question

On the inside of the skimmer where the water exit pipe is, it looks like there is a half of a union connection then it goes out of the body. Does the connection come apart? I tried lightly but wouldn't budge so I thought I'd better ask

Still another question
    Are all Eheim 1260 pumps created equal and the only thing that is different is the needlewheel impeller
    Can these be submerged to clean?

Thank You

Hi

Can you get a picture of the damage, has the union been pulled from the body?

The union on the outlet should connect to a ball valve to adjust the water height, again a picture would help.

The Eheims can be submerged to clean them in a mild acid solution, also be sure to clear out the air venturi well.
    The Eheim pumps have been modified with solvent weld fittings by Deltec to fit the skimmer.

Regards Tony

Hi Tony

Yes the black pvc piece the union is connected too is loose from the body this is on the water inlet

As for the outlet pipe yes I have a ball valve there but inside of the skimmer is the point in question
    if one was to follow the water it would be after the elbow and clear piece before it leaves the skimmer body

I'll try and get some pics

Thanks for the info on the pumps got them soaking
    As for obtaining new ceramic shafts and the rubber pieces do I need to get in touch with Marvin?

Hi

Yes Marvin if within the U.S

The black plate is bonded to the body with flexible mastic which i would rebond with something like Innotec Adheseal if you can get this within the U.S as Silicone will probably part company again after a while.

Regards

Well I managed to get the remaining sealant loose and scraped of but in the process I cracked the body
    Bad luck or what?
    Looks like I will be cutting it apart and making a new one as I can't afford to buy another body for it.
    Either way I'll have to repair it, I just didn't want to have to rebuild a beautiful skimmer.
    BTW my luck sucks LOL

The hardest part I'm finding is a US supplier that carries the needed metric fittings

Can Deltec fix the body of the skimmer? If it was cost comparable for you to fix it, as to what it will cost me I might go this route

Thanks for the reply of the sealant
    Last edited by Radone; 22-02-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Marvin should be able to get you the fittings, drop a request into the U.S parts section of the forum or contact Marvin or Corrie (contact info below)

marvin@theaquariumsolution.com
    marvin@deltecspares.com
    corrie@deltecspares.com

You really arent having much luck!! If its a small crack you may be able to bond a PVC-U patch over the top although making a patch with the same diameter/radius as the body wont be easy.Im afraid that i doubt a body fix will be on option with Deltec as to make the body good they will basically renew parts instead of patching them and this will be destructive and cost more in labour than building a new one.

Regards and best wishes Tony

Well got my 702 back running, but need some guidance as for adjusting it.
    Given the recommended flow to the skimmer how can I tell the flow is right? With the pumps off should the water be around the bottom of the black cone?
    Thanks

Hi

Set the water without the recirc/air pump on so the level sits at the bottom of the cup bayonet fitting, water level at the bottom of the black cone is too low.
    Hope this helps Tony

Thanks
    I found the owners manual online so this hould get me going in the right direction
    Thanks for the info

If I can supply the skimmer with enough water to maintain this bayonet lvl do I need worry about the outlet valve or should I just leave it completely open?